Saturday 22 September 2012

What Does MakeUp Do For Us?

When it comes to make- up,us girls are all for it. Most of us enjoy getting ready for a night out, feeling good, dressing up and make-up plays a very big part in this!

But why do we wear make up?
As well as feeling insecure about imperfections and feeling confident and more attractive with make-up on, we sometimes feel we cant live without it.
Growing up I was not introduced to make up by mum as she has never been a make up wearer, so I never watched her doing her make up or stole any of her lipsticks. Choosing make up for the first time was also a challenge as I had  no guidence where to go and what to buy.
 I remember the day I was purchasing my first bits of make-up very clearly in Boots thinking "Oh my god, there is just so much choice" and feeling pretty overwhelmed with it all! I dont think i was nessecaly thinking "What do I not like about my face, or what I needed to cover"
 Not knowing what products do and how to use them plays a BIG part in how make-up today is purchased and worn.

This was me when I was younger, wearing Bronzer,Eyeshadow,Mascara and Lipgloss,




 Looking back now, to when i was a younger it was the all the rage to wear thick foundation, that looked like a mask......not only that but to cover it straight over your lips as well!!! Now you may see this look in some catwalk shows or backstage at LFW but this isnt a good look for anybody who wants to look fresh.
 It wasnt until I left school and attended college to learn Beauty Therapy that I regained knowledge and understanding in not only make up but how the skin works and what it needs to be a great base for make-up. Im a great believer in "It's more what you do and wear underneath your make-up that achieves the look you want".
Skincare is a big part of how make up looks and how it wears, not having a good skincare rountine does not allow the make-up to have an even texture and does not prolong the wear of the make up throughout the day!

          EXFOLIATION- This is one of the most common things I find my clients do not tend to do! I cant express to you how much our skin needs this in order to look glowing. Even if you use a facial cleanser with abrasive included!! This i promise will give your skin an even tone,texture and much smoother appearance, aswell as looking brigher, younger (yes thats true) and rejuvenated!

 So What Does Make-up Do For Me:
   Studying Make-Up art and Fashion gave me a real insight into all differnt eras and how and when make up is used today.
  My first day with MAC cosmetics was very overwhelming, I always wanted to work for such a prestigous and worldwide brand that represented All Ages All Races All Sexes!
 I was not a big colour fan, and looking at all the lipstics I would always want to wear the natural shades and loved subtlety. It wasnt until I worked with some pretty inspiring artist and trainers that felt confident and comfortable wearing such colours!
  It then didnt take me long to "find myslef" in the make-up world, find what I was about and what inspires me! I found myself experimenting lots and not looking at make up as a way to cover and hide my face but as a way to express myself and bring out the features I do like and want to make the most of.
I think sometimes this is wear we go wrong, we always see imperfections a bigger problem to us, than what is seen my everyone else looking at you.
  I for one,when I am carrying out my make-ups, I am thinking more about what I want to make a feature of and what I want this make up to say as its being worn, than I am what needs covering.
 Sometimes the more you try and cover something up on your face the more noticible it is, its using less but finding the right product that works.


I love Make-Up, and i know how overwhelming it can be to walk into a store and see all this choice of colours,textures and brands. Think about what you want your make up to say, think about a minimal way to start wearing it, and always make sure before leaving the store you are completely confident in how to use it!!


   

Make Up for me creates a mood, a feeling. It enhances all the features we are proud of and want enhanced. I love the diversity of it and how you can change your look everyday. It makes me feel confident, happy and feel good about myself.. Your face is a blank canvas, and it can be anything you want it to be, so dont overload it and dont hide everything, its good to see a little bit of your natural skin colours coming through and less is more!!!


Well thats a little bit about make- up and the way it can change our feelings, next time your putting your make up on ask yourself this "What do I want my make up to say?"

No comments:

Post a Comment